Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Office Buzz : Do The Doodle!

office buzz


One of those snoozy afternoons. Trying to avert the soporific allure by doing what I do best.


Suddenly out of nowhere.

Boss : So, what's happening?

Me : uh..huh...(bit rattled, turning around). Oh, well...nothing much (trying to conceal the sheet of paper and promptly building up a 'I'm busy at work' demeanor)

Boss : NOTHING MUCH?!!! The reports are due since yesterday. What about th... (glances at the sheet of paper)...oh I s-e-e! So doodling again, eh?

Tries to play peeping-tom and makes a herculean attempt to gaze at my objet d' art.

Me : (putting up a brave front) No actually...actually, was working on the reports and...(quickly folding the sketches and casting them aside)...and was stuck on one of the scripts. But I am trying....

Boss : Hmm...I s-e-e (apparently miffed). So you are stuck. And you need help, don't you?

Me : Ummm...Ya...I g-u-e-s-s so (threw a swift 'need some more time' look at him)

Boss : (bends down) Then Mr. Picasso, you should try Google not doodle! (a pause and then his voice cracks) 8:30 PM is the deadline. No more extensions!

Whizzes off to his cabin in a huff.

Muffled, I stare at the screen.

Damn! There goes my artistic fervor down the drain. A dreamy afternoon wasted.

So much for deadlines. Boo-hoo :-(




1 comment:

@saurako said...

haha ! :-).. nice one ...